Sunday, September 27, 2009

Another Crazy Night of Bar Poker

Another day another crazy bar poker game. It all started when I decided to sit on a different table then normal. I usually sit at the same spot close to the sign in table on table one. For some reason I thought a change might be good so I put myself on table 2. I finished passing out the draw cards and then looked over to see my spot with call anything to my right and any ace to my right. Player in seat one had been drinking since noon and the sad part is he might have been the next best player on the table. I decided tight aggressive was probably the way to play tonight and it was a good call. Play was very aggressive on the table with most all in being called and almost all preflop raises being called by several players. Drunk guy managed to spill his drink on table and chips twice in a span of about 5 minutes and made ridiculous raises preflop for the first hour. Finally call anything called him and sucked out on the turn to get rid of him. Thank god! LOL! I did mange to gain a lot of chips over the time and when any ace gave me over 7000 in chips with nothing I was close to chip leader. I moved over to final table first or second in chips and was able to take down many small pots early as play was very tight early on table. Then it happened I got a guy all in after the turn with two pair and he called all in with an open ended straight draw and hit on the river taking half my chips. The next few hands knocked several players out and we were down to 5 players. I was big blind for 4000 with 12000 more. I had 9-2 hearts on BB hand. Guy that hit straight called from early position and small blind called so I check. Flop was 9-8-3 rainbow. small blind checked, I checked and other min bet for 4000. Small blind folded. I reraise to 8000. He calls. Turn is a 10. I check, he bets 4000, I call all in thinking my 9 is good. I am right. He has A-7. River brings the 6 to give him a straight to beat me again. LOL! The rest of the tournament was one straight catch after was another until heads up which was a very good player against a very poor player who had the chip lead. It took about 5 hands for the good player to get all the poor players chips as they finally didn't catch on two flush draws two hands in a row. What a night!

No comments:

Post a Comment