Saturday, September 26, 2009

Heartland Week

Unfortunatlely my week is done at the Heartland Poker event at Milacs. I played the $250 qualifier on Thursday night along with several buy-in winners from my bar games. There were 79 player in the qualifier so 15 adavnced to Sunday's finals. Started on a table way to the back of the room, so I knew that it wouldn't be too long before my table broke. Starting stack was 10,000 with 30 minute blinds and 100-100 first level. Table was very tight except for one player that almost every hand. Took down a nice pot early with top pair and ranged up and down from 10,000 to 12,000 chips. During the first two hours, I was surprised at how many players were being knocked out. Table next to us lost 3 players in the first two blind levels. I knew someone on the table and asked what was going on and he laughed and said it was crazy with most of the all-ins coming preflop. There were lots of big pairs. At first break, I had 10,500 chips. I was happy with this considering the table. Shortly the table broke and I headed to my next table and then went on a long stretch of no cards. At these blind levels you need to start to chip up and I tried to make a few plays, but it wasn't working. Now at 7500 in chips with blinds and antes increasing. I look down to big slick suited and raise to 2400. Big blind calls and flop is Q-7-3 rainbow. I bet out 2500 and BB thinks along time and calls. I was pretty sure that he had a pair and I was behind. Turn was another low card. We both checked. I could have pushed in but I was convinced that he would call. River another blank and BB puts me all-in. I fold and am now down to 2500. I now had about 8 hands left to play before I would have to be all in on my big blind. Two hands before my BB I looked at my first card and it was an ace. I decided that I would push without looking at other card. then the guy to my fight under the gun pushes all in. I decide i better look and see A-4 off. I know that I should still push in, but iam thinking that I probably don't ahve live cards so i should wait until next hand. I fold. he gets called and flop comes A-5-6. Long story short I would have won if I hadn't looked at my other card and just called. Ended up all in on big blind with 7-5 off against one player with k-10. I am ok with this and even hit a 5 on the flop. Only problem is he floped the nut flush and my night was over. Most of the other players from my bar group got knocked out soon there after except Dustin who managed to hang on to make the top 15 and qualify for the main event on Sunday. Congrats and good luck to Dustin.

Went to the poker room and played 3-6 kill game for 4 hours to be up $2 after all that time. It was a crazy table and went up and down the whole time. The worst was flopping a set of kings and having 10-5 of spades river me for a flush with me betting hard all the way. LOL got to love low limit poker games.

Last night at my bar game we had a big turn out 47 players. I usually don't play in this game and just run it and that was a good choice. It is the wildest bar poker game that I have every witnessed. Donkey poker, drunk people and multiple personalities don't mix. LOL! I ran a $5 sit and go for a few friends afterwards. We played Omaha split and I took it down, so the week wasn't a total loss.

No comments:

Post a Comment