Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Labor Day Weekend

Had a great Labor Day weekend. Spent most of it at the lake where the fishing has been outstanding. My wife and I caught many varieties of fish including several nice walleyes. Photos are coming soon to my facebook account.

On Saturday we went to the MN State Fair. Wow was there a lot of people. I would not usually go on a Saturday, but had tickets for the concert that night. The fair was more of the usual. It was fun, but the concert was the highlite of the day. It was 38 Special followed by REO Speedwagon and then Styx. I had never seen 38 Special and they were awesome. They played all there hits and sounded just like I remember them. I have seen REO and Styx several times and thay are always good. The only problem is Styx hasn't changed their set in years and we knew what was coming all night long. It's ok because they still put on a great show. Reo is a little mellow in between the other two, but I can live with that. I went with my wife, my two kids and daughters boyfriend. They all had a great time as they brought in a bottle of peppermint schnapps in water bottles. Me I just enjoyed the music.

Have not played much poker lately. I am now running all 3 of my bar games again, so that will change starting tonight. I will post more about poker later this week.

Spent yesterday at my parents for a Labor Day family get together. It was fun. Played a few games and ate some good food. I was in charge of cooking burgers and hot dogs. It was very dificult as my parents grill sucks. I know what they are getting for christmas this year. It must have taken 45 minutes to cook the first round of burgers and I guess some still weren't done! LOL Hope I didn't make anyone sick! Next year may have to have it at my lake place.

What a great weather weekend we had. I will have to remember this when it's -20 and snowing this winter. It weeks like this that make it great to live in MN.

More later!

No comments:

Post a Comment