Thursday, September 24, 2009

Nice Suckout!

Went to Milacs to play the first event of Grand Series of Poker part of the Heartland Poker Tour week. $75 buy-in 1st paid $2000 not to bad of a payout. Was card dead most of the night and ended somewhere about 38th. All-in on big blind with 6-3 suited. I then went and played the cash game because the bad beat jackpot was over $40,000. Only thing open was 3-6 limit kill game. A kill game is when someone wins two hands in a row then the limits double to 6-12 and if you win the two hands you must post $6. It was not going very well and I am down to about $60. It is a kill pot and I look down at pocket kings. I usually don't like to raise preflop in this low of a limit game because if you do you usually create action by making the pot bigger, but I am short stacked and am hoping to make some money on this hand. There are two callers to me so I raise to $12. Very loose guy on the end calls. One guy folds. Last guy in raises to $18. Damn that smells like aces. I decide to reraise to $24 to try and get to heads up. But of course loose guy calls. Flop comes out three small cards with two spades. I am first, so I bet out $6. Loose guy calls and then guy I think has aces reraises. Damn he does have aces. I call to see one more card. Loose guy calls. Turn is 5 of spades making 3 spades and two fives on the board. I check, loose guy checks, aces bets $12. Loose guy and I both call. I know that I should have folded but I have so much invested now I might as well see the river. By the way I don't have a spade. River is the miracle card the King of spades. Jackpot I hit a full house and there is no way at least one them doesn't have a spade. I bet $12. Aces guy immediately goes on tilt and I know he doesn't have a spade. Loose guy calls and aces folds showing his aces. I turn over my kings and don't say anything. Loose guy turns over A-10 off with the 10 of spades and starts to rack the pot. LOL! I say I have a full house and you should ahve seen the look on his face when he realized that he had lost. Wow! Nice suckout Dave! LOL!

1 comment:

  1. In all fairness, even if you realize it's possible you're behind, it wasn't a bad play. I can't count how many times I've seen people play pocket 10's like they are pocket aces! Nice pot!!

    ReplyDelete