Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Tuesday Bar Night

I know that I have already covered this several different times but it keeps coming up in my bar game in Clearwater. I go to take my seat on Tuesday night and take a look around the table. I have min bet guy to my right and only call never raise on my left. Across the table is any face card guy and next to him is min bet women (plays just like min bet guy) and lastly is I am the greatest poker player guy I can bluff anyone. Oh by the way blogger anniesaces was the only bright spot to the table. Here's her blog. http://lukbox.com/blogs/ann. So I am thinking it is going to be a long night and I am going to have to be on my toes all night. I play less hands then normal because I need a good hand in order to make any kind of play because of table. Play was very aggressive with big raises and lots of callers. I get to break and am up about 1000 in chips and am very happy about it. Play was less then stellar. Most of the players from above have all chipped up during the first hour. Can you say suckoutfest! Anyway in the second hour I getting short stacked and move all-in with big slick suited. I get two callers. One player that has moved to the table whom I respect and min bet guy who was big blind. He almost never folds to a raise if he is BB. Board comes all low cards and I figure I am done. Good player turns up A-Q and min bet guy has A-J and my A-K is a winner. LOL! I now have a decent size stack and can play again. I am able to take down a few blinds and am now the BB and have 10-8 off. It is folded all the way to small blind min bet guy and of course he calls. There is no chance he would ever raise in this position so great I get to see a flop. Flop is 10 and two unders. I have top pair. I move all in and min bet guy insta calls. What could he possible have? He has K-Q off and doubles me up and cripples himself. Oh don't worry he soon built it back up again. Down now to 12 and points start at 8. I am in need of points so I can play somewhat conservation until! I look down at JJ under the gun. I move all in. Any face card guy moves all in over the top of me and of course min bet guy calls off all his chips because it's min bet guy. I turn over my jacks, any face card guy has kings and min bet guy has 10-10. You know it! Flop is 10-whatever. Min bet wins again and I am out. It's ok. Even if I would have just raised preflop face card guy would ahve reraised and the same out come would have happened. So now we are on final table and blinds are moving up and we have lost a few players. Guy that has played very few hands moves all in and any face card guy thinks for a long time and calls and so does another player for less. So we have two all ins turn up your cards. Original better has QQ any face guy has Q-J suited (WTF) and other guy has A something. Any face card guy has called an all in for almost all of his chips with QJ suited. Wow! QQ wins the hand. The tournament winner is any face card guy! I must be doing something wrong. I believe that I play decent poker, not too tight not too loose, but I can't seem to win a tournament. Yet any face guy wins, min bet guy wins. Am I doing this all wrong? Can hardly wait for Sunday so I can do it all over again. At least they give me something to write about a couple of times a week. Thanks guys!

New word of the week!

Suckoutfest - definition- playing poker at the Legion on tuesday nights where the worst hand always wins!
Come out and join us!

No comments:

Post a Comment